When I was a kid, I used to sneak into my mother's room and tried out her lipsticks and eyeshadows. I would try out all the different colors and get super pissed when my mother found out and asked me to wash them all off, all because she said I was too young for all that.
So imagine the joy that I felt when I am finally "old enough" to have a little color to my face. It's as though I finally receive the golden ticket to the Makeup Factory! I love how even a little dash of makeup could do wonders on one's looks. For example, these chic and adorable ones from Topshop.
To be honest, Topshop makeup is new to me, and thanks to ThePinkStilettos who first introduced them in her blog, I must say, after one try, I just immediately fall in love with them. Let's find out why.
1. Topshop Solid Gel Eyeliner in Etch
+ I like how the dark pitch-black color accentuate my eyes. It is precisely what I need because I like to go for simple makeup that concentrates more on the eyes, and less on the lips/cheek. Compared to pencil/crayon eyeliners that I usually use, this gel eyeliner makes a thick, dark line easily. Your eyes are guaranteed to pop up immediately.
- However, the thing that I don't like about this gel eyeliner is the fact that I need to apply it many times before I can get the look I desired because it tends to get out of "gel" halfway, being the gel eyeliner that it is. Sometimes, it can also smudge if you're not careful. So if you're new at applying makeup to your eyes, I'd suggest that you stick to pencil/crayon eyeliners because this one can get pretty messy easily if you're not careful.
* Anyhow, this gel eyeliner comes in 4 different colors ; Etch black, Facet pink, Steely blue & Ravine green. Check them out here.
2. Topshop Lip Polish in Rhubarb
+ I love, love, LOVE this one! It's actually my favorite! Not only that it smells good (it has fruity smell to it), it also has the perfect color to my skin tone! I also love that it has a little sheer effect to it, so your lips actually glitter under the sunlight, just like diamonds! So cantik, I tell you!
- However, the only thing that turns me off is the fact that it does not come with any applicator/brush. So I will need to use either my finger or the cotton bud each time I want to apply the lip polish to my lips. Such a bummer.
* Anyhow, this one comes in 5 different colors ; Rhubarb, Truffle, Poetic, Lavender & Iced Coffee. Check them out here.
3. Topshop Powder Foundation
+ I love that this foundation suits my skin tone perfectly and personally, it works fine on me as of now. It is pretty long lasting and senang cerita, tak over. I've tried other brands and I always get the same comment from my husband, "Yang, macam hantu," or "Yang, too much lah," or "Yang, macam opera cina,". #_#. Now, I am not sure if he's just simply dah tak kuasa nak layan anymore or what, but never once did he complain about my makeup ever since the first time I applied this Topshop foundation to my face. So it should be good right? :)
- The only thing that's a little alaaaa is the fact that the casing is white as like most powder foundations, so it tends to get dirty easily!
* Anyhow, this one comes in 3 different shades ; Nude 1, Nude 2 & Nude 3. In the picture above, I was wearing Nude 2. Check them out here.
So if you're interested, you can find these and more only at Topshop KLCC. Other outlets takde okay, so kalau tangan tu dah menggatal nak try Topshop's latest makeup collection ni, sila lah terjah Topshop KLCC hari ini. I promise you, misti rasa macam nak beli the whole rack! :P
Speaking of which, the next time I go there, I'm thinking of getting their Skin Tint, Powder Blush and Cream Eyeshadow. Sumpah sangat tempting ok!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone